Over the years we have defined a particular way of approaching projects and customers, always emphasizing the need for the transparency of the activities performed under contract and of the ensuing costs. As the complexity of customers’ inquiries varies, so does the nature and structure of the corresponding projects. Our approach goes along four types of projects, with flexibility being attained by combining projects into a customer and case specific proposal.
Assessment Project – Define the intelligence needs
Customers’ inquiries are rarely defined in a complete and tractable manner, so that we can start collect evidence and build knowledge on the case. For most of the projects we have first to set up the trade-off between case complexity and the always finite resources available. An assessment study project is aimed at obtaining a report on:
- the general issues under scrutiny, with their security and intelligence implications;
- the particular context of the case, with its legal implications;
- the right questions to be addressed and the list of some prospective answers.
Start-up Initiative Project – Get a one-time solution
With the case confined to a tractable inquiry and with a few prospective solutions at hand, the investigation follows both the internal methodology and the investigative art. The strategy we follow is not only about planning, it stands decision making in an intentional, informational rich, and competitive environment. A start-up initiative project is aimed at:
- leading to decision making and action in terms of the issues under scrutiny;
- presenting actionable answers to the questions available;
- generating new perspectives on the issues and entities under scrutiny.
Performance Enhancement Project – Get the continuous solution
With each moment that passes after the case has been “solved”, the effectiveness and efficiency of the customer’s intelligence led judgments are subjected to variations. In terms of the security related developments, we are always trying to provide time invariant solutions. As surprises always take their share in intelligence affairs, a performance enhancement project is aimed at offering the continuous monitoring and scanning of the environment and of the entities under initial scrutiny:
- defining relevant security indicators and the acceptable variation of these indicators;
- continuously monitoring and scanning the customer’s security environment;
- regularly generating intelligence reports for the appropriate decision makers.
Maturity Optimization Project – Get the means to solutions
We help organizations in starting up or enhancing security and competitive intelligence departments, taking into account their industry specific requirements. While there are no recipes in finding the perfect mix of human and technical assets, we build on more than 10 years of intelligence practice, on academic knowledge and business acumen to:
- define the intelligence needs at both strategic and operational level, on short, medium and long-term;
- select and train the appropriate personnel, from within or outside of the organization;
- start with the appropriate goals, methodologies and IT tools.